Today Delaney woke up 5:30am. This is not normal for her. She was all snuggly, so I set her on Dan's chest to sleep while I got a head start on my run. When she was awake, I realized she was quite toasty. Our ear thermometer is dreadfully inaccurate, and the rectal one has 2 issues- first, the ick factor, and secondly, the last time I did use it, it seemed to be under reading as well. So, I base my temperature taking on less scientific means. And by golly, my baby was hot!
On the plus side, she already had a doctor's appointment today. I had called last week for a 15 month well-baby and they slid me into today, where they'd had a cancellation. I took it, even though 2:40pm is a rotten time. Delaney did scream for most of it. She puked too. I was surprised, since she had not actually eaten anything today. It turns out she has full-on infections in both ears. Poor thing. And her temp was 102 when they took it.
I came home with ammoxacillian and motrin- neither of which have made it into her. She screamed and wiggled and spit and gagged, and when I managed to get a miniscule amount into her, she vomited pink everywhere. Soooo, fun times for us!
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

2 comments:
I sure hope she is getting better now. I found some ear drops w/antibiotic in them at the health food store. It will clear up a normal ear infection in about two days, without the oral antibiotics. It is called Earache Remedy put out by Seagate. You could try it. It is easier than trying to get something into them. I usually put it in Jesse's ears when he is asleep!
fun times, hope she get's well soon. hate that. Hey, I was wondering if you possibly wanted to run the MCMarathon w/me this Oct? I'm looking for someone to run with. Adam's doggin me and going to Iraq. I don't have your email, or I'd've emailed you...
Post a Comment