I think I am so clever. Family fun Magazine had an idea and I took it a step further. Well, we are currently in the process of taking it one step further, is what I meant to say! In light of our move, and all the upheaval it will bring for the kids, I told them that we could go to all their favorite places and take pictures. When we are gone, we can put together a book with them in all the places they use to go. Joshua loves this idea. We have been to his school, to the park, to the library, to the pool, and the camping pictures are for the book too. He made a list of all the places he needed his picture taken and we are nearly done. The kids have had a great time shouting "take my picture" while doing some interesting things. Callie has suddenly developed a permanent facial tic- as she wants to make a silly face with every shot. Delaney refuses to look at me, Marian ducks her chin down, and Joshua just has a cheesy smile. I have got to figure out how to get them to look natural!
So, back to our project. I may have mentioned before how much I LOVE blurb.com and their books. We will take the pictures and make them into a book for the kids. That way they can look back at where they use to live and see what they use to do while living here. Hopefully I can show them that they have all new places to go in their new home. For example, we will have a new library to visit, and a new school, and there will be new fun parks and a pool there too. Here are some of the shots we have- notice Callie's face!

1 comment:
Cute pictures! As much as I hate to say this, I kinda miss Cherry Point. Our library here has like 1/5 the selection of kids stuff we had there, and the closest park is 2 miles away and I will never take my kids there again.
Post a Comment