I will tell you that it is 10 miles shorter to take the ferry. Plus, you get to ride the Ferry! The kids loved it. It was raining, so they didn't realize they could, conceivably get out. Thus they were content to rock with the boat and enjoy watching the ugly, gray water with its frothy waves and whitecaps.
Oh yeah, back to the Museum. If you love shark teeth, its the place to be. If you love hunting for shark teeth, its the place to be. The museum itself is tiny, but it has some fun stuff in the gift shop. It has lots of shark teeth and some nifty fossils, and a short video, but I don't know what the video was about. We had to leave 3 minutes into it. 4 kids in 4 directions, all making noise....
The kids LOVED the fossil dig. I did buy them buckets, but we could have brought our own. They had a good time digging in the dirt, and we found a lot of shark teeth in varying sizes. We probably would have stayed longer, but Marian wore shorts and it was a very windy 45 degrees out! I'm not a bad mom, I'm a mom who lets her daughter make her own choices and learn her own consequences!
So, here are the photos of our grand adventure:
Callie refused to join the other kids for a group shot. She is skulking in the corner instead. Note Marian's knobby knees in her summery shorts on this very NOT summery day.
They loved this giant shark mouth. Everyone had to get their picture taken in it. Next time maybe I'll get up there too!
Here's me and Delaney, curtesy of Joshua. I am collecting shark teeth into Joshua's brand new bucket. And just looking at Delaney in this shot cracks me up every time.

2 comments:
Sounds like a fun trip! Cute pictures and I think it is a good mom who lets her kids learn from their own choices!
It looks like you're a little surprised too? Where is the museum?
Post a Comment