Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Monday, April 7, 2008

And now.... I Rant!

I have been thinking lately that I need to upgrade my wardrobe. This is tough for me for many reasons. I hate to spend money, I hate to shop with kids, I hate feeling unattractive, I hate trying to coordinate..... the list goes on. I finally went out tonight. In my post-nursing phase of life, I have come to the point where I seriously needed new bras. (That's what I was trying to shop for a week and a half ago when I lost Callie at the Exchange)

So I tucked kids in bed tonight and headed to Walmart, since I had already discovereed that the MCX selection stinks. I love that Walmart is so close! Have I mentioned how glad I am they built one in town? But I digress..... I had a wonderful time shopping for non-clothing items and finally realized I needed to stop wasting time. I found several shirts that caught my fancy and it was off to try them on.

Here is one of my problems.... I have a belly. Yes, I try to disguise it, but all my fat settles there. My legs, I am happy with. My feet are fine. I don't see my bottom, so it is fine too. My arms are good- they haul kids around, so they do get worked out. Every other part of my body I am okay with, but I have a fat belly. Now, I've said it. I can sigh with relief because you are either still my friend, or you've run screaming at the thought of my muffin top.

The delimma with this unattractive cellulite distribution is how to find clothes that do not make me look as fat as I feel. If I wear a Large, its too tight in the wrong places. I saw several really cute XL shirts, but they were too big. Why is there no size for me? I am not small enough to wear a lovely stretchy shirt- even in a L. Now that I am no longer lactating, my chest is not large enough to compensate for my tummy. I do not want my bulges hanging out for all to see. I just want a shirt that fits me and hides my fat. Why is that so much to ask?

Oh, perhaps I should look somewhere other than Walmart, you say? Sure, and when am I going to have time for that?! Time when I am childless and able? Hmmmm, on the plus side, I was successful in finding 2, yes, 2 acceptable bras. Thus, I call the evening a success.

3 comments:

Bryn said...

Let me know when you find the answer because I have the exact same problem. Gavin stretched me out on the top part of my belly so no matter what I do, I have a ton of skin, fat there! Sometimes the Gap has shirts that are good for covering, I can even do a large there. Don't they know we've had kids? Should we start our own line?

Carley said...

I so feel your pain! I love Target's t-shirts though.

Wendy said...

Okay......so who is the long-winded perfectsee best comparing shoping?? Long comment! I hear you about the extra in the wrong places. I've had the same troubles in clothing. Yay for you finding something that works!