Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Those awful teen years!

Here is my hot hubbie at the tender and gwaky age of 16. He was on the cross country team in high school and was a conservative, nice guy. Would I have dated him in HS? Probably not, and I nearly didn't in college either! Not like I dated a lot, and I tended to go for the losers and fixer-uppers. Dan would have been way too good for me. Wait, he still was when we met!

As for me, I hated high school. Yep, hated it. I skipped school once. Well, I did it more than once. I only did it my senior year, I'll have you know, and I got caught the first time. I think I got caught the second time as well. (I only got caught the 2 times). Punishment on the second offense was an in-school suspension. How stupid is that?! I skipped school to get out of class, so to punish me you are keeping me out of class?! So dumb. And not the story I was headed for.

I was going to tell you how the principal, who knew my mom, talked to me. She asked why I had skipped school. I said I didn't like it. She asked if I was going to go to college. I said, duh, yes. She asked why I would go to college if I didn't like school. Hmmmm.... I could spend 4 years unhappy and have a good job, or I could be unhappy doing something I hated on minimum wage for the rest of my life. I may be dumb enough to get caught skipping school, but I am smart enough to figure that out!

So, here I am, in all my bad-attitude glory at age 16. College was more fun than HS, but I didn't get smarter for a while! Don't you love that look on my face!! Check out my bangs, too! Wow! I finally decided I didn't need to spend 45 minutes each morning trying to achieve that look, and let my bangs grow out. More laziness than fashion, but, whatever.

Let this be a lesson to all that you can start off like this in High School, and still end up with someone fabulous. It happened to me. And this post is dedicated to my upcoming anniversery! 9 years with my wonderful, fabulous oh-so-cute husband!

3 comments:

Beau & Lenette said...

Those are the funniest pictures!! Lovin the bangs! Didn't we all go thru that stage?! Does Dan know you've posted that picture up for all the world to see!! hee hee

Wendy said...

Some day I'll get up the nerve to post some oh-so-cute pics of me and my hottie!

Carley said...

Joshua is so Dan's mini-me. I mean we've all known that forever, but that picture of Dan just confirmed it so much more. Cute pictures.