Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Wisdom from Delaney

Parts of our journey have been tougher than others.  After the Ragnar, Dan and I were both extra tired and cranky, and there might have been a little more marital strife than necessary.  Okay, there definitely was.

Delaney came up to me and asked, "Why are you and Daddy fighting a lot?"

I thought about it a bit and came up with an appropriate answer.  I told her, "Daddy and I have different ideas on how things are going to go, and we sometimes don't realize that our ideas and the other person's ideas are not the same.  So when I think things are going to go one way, and Daddy expect it to go another way, sometimes we get cross with each other. And sometimes we fight about how we are going to do something because we each want it to be a different way."

She looked at me and said, "Oh, you mean like when little kids don't get what they want?"


Um.... EXACTLY like that! 

I just got schooled by my 7 year old!

No comments: