Joshua has been so sad that we haven't gotten any snow. That all changed this morning! I didn't recall snow being in the forcast, so it was a total surprise to me when I opened the blinds at 8:30 this morning and saw snow falling, and snow all over the ground! Joshua dashed to get dressed and he and Marian raced out the door.

They made snow angels as soon as they got outside.

Then they tried making snowballs.

Delaney wanted out and was howling to do so. Being the mom that I am, I put on a jacket and let her out- wearing her jammies, and Callie's shoes, no socks (which Delaney had put on all by herself so I would let her out!). I figured she wasn't going to be out long anyway. And she wasn't.

Joshua wanted to shovel the drive, so I helped him get out the shovel. Maybe I should mention that at this point, I am still in my jammies myself, and wearing my glasses, and feeling quite frumpy. I did get showered. Then I dressed the girls and did their hair. After all that, I let everyone out of the house, properly dressed. Well, as properly as we were going to get. I haven't justified the expense of snow pants for the small amount we'd use them.

Marian also wanted to do some shoveling. She spent over an hour out there doing just that. Joshua and his friends ran off to the park to sled. They were gone for about 2 hours, having a blast.

This one refused to keep a hat on. She also didn't stay out too long at a time.

Callis is Dancing in the snow for me!

Marian is catching snowflakes on her tongue.
Joshua has now spent nearly the entire day outside. Marian has too. Callie spent about an hour outside and is now content to stay where it is warm and dry. Delaney would like to go out again, but I do not. I agree with Callie. Warm and dry is nice.
Marian has been hauling around a giant slush ball. She keeps coming inside to change mittens. We have about 5 pairs of mittens, and I thought we had several gloves. Apparently not. Joshua has the purple gloves, and there should be some red ones somewhere, but I can't find them. So Marian will come in and swap out her saturated mittens for some dry ones. I have a second load of wet stuff in the dryer right now. I think Marian is also on her third jacket. Joshua is only on his second!
3 comments:
how fun, it seems so weird that it could be snowing somwhere and it's all sunny here. Did they not have school.
How fun! We are so jealous! It is like 70 degrees over here. My girls want to go back to papa's so they can play in the snow. Kailtin want to move by you guys :o)
How much fun can four adorable kids have. Then of course they got Hot chocolate when they came in, right?
Post a Comment