I have been having a very good time with just Joshua and Marian. It is a little tough to feel the pressure of having to squeeze every drop of enjoyment out of this time, and there are so many things I haven't done still. I think the kids have been enjoying themselves. I think I mentioned I bought a cheap kiddie camera.... well, it takes cheap, kiddie shots. However, being the photo addict that I am, I have used it to provide you with cheap, kiddie quality pictures so you can see what we've been up to this week.
I didn't take this picture! I volunteered at Marian's school for art time in her class, and another mom came around and took pictures of everyone. This is Marian's dinosaur, made of clay.
(And as an update, that boy who told me Marian kicks and pushes.... well he also told me she bites and that she kicked him- from 5 feet away. Um, she does not bite, and I know she did not kick him, so now I think he was lying about all of it. Especially since her teacher says Marian does not kick, or push and she only sometimes says bathroom words, just like all the other kids. I felt better.)

Since we have a dishwasher now, I am happier to make the kids cocoa. Marian and Joshua both had cocoa with marshmallows, because we could!

Since it was just the 2 of them, I let them play with Play Doh. I know! I did! They had a great time and we went from 4 different colors down to 2- funky blueish and almost poo brown.

It was 11 degrees outside on Saturday. It was stinking cold. I let Marian wear whatever pants she wants when we're not going anywhere, and this was what she chose. Then she saw a cat outside and off she went. I made her come in and put on boots and a jacket, but those knobby knees were still bare.

This is Joshua's downstairs room. It is a Lego haven right now. Joshua had a slumber party with his friend Giovanni, and I think they put every lego on the floor and bed here.
Marian, after church. You may notice that for once, her ruby red sparkly shoes actually match her dress! Joshua has enjoyed leaving his legos all over the house without having to worry about them being destroyed by Callie and Delaney. He has even let Marian play with them. It has been a very quiet week here. A little lonely as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment