I decided that I needed to do fun stuff with Joshua and Marian, since Dan is having so much fun with Callie and Delaney. Callie told me on the phone that she was having the BEST time! Maybe just because she got to play in the snow. Well, Joshua had the best day yesterday. He told me so! I took the kids with me to the chirporactor and they did homework while I was adjusted. Then we went to Toys R Us, where Joshua blew all his months of saved allowance, and Christmas money on a Legos thing, and we wandered around the store and had a good time. Then we went to dinner at Chevy's (that was their choice). The floutas there are marvelous! And their salsa is phenomenal. And apparently that all makes for the best day ever.
At the toy store, I did find a kiddie camera on clearance, and I figured since Dan had our camera, I might need pictures too, so I sprung for this Tinkerbell camera. It is pretty crummy. I guess when you buy cheap, you get what you pay for! Still, Marian is thrilled that I let her play with it.
Today I went to the school and had lunch with the kids. Joshua has lunch right before Marian, so I bought lunch with him and then shared Marian's lunch with her. There is a huge difference between 2nd graders and kindergardeners! Joshua's group was loud and spent all of lunch messing with each other. Marian's table was delighted to have me there and loved talking to me. I was informed that she kicks and pushes kids and says bathroom words. Hmmmm.... that does sound like my girl!
I went to recess with her class after lunch and everyone wanted me to watch them. I felt like a celebrity! I used our crummy new camera and took some pictures of Marian doing what she likes best- the monkey bars.

Here is a very blurry shot of Marian and some girls from her class. They are lined up waiting to go out for recess.

Marian wanted a picture of her up on this bar. The other 2 kids wanted in on the shot as well.

Here she is, doing her thing! She is really good on all 4 different kinds of monkey bars that they have on their playground.

I know, the quality of picture is quite poor. But here's Marian again!
1 comment:
Rebecca,
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, and for your prayers in our behalf.
I don't know why my baby passed on when your baby was granted the miracle of life, but I am so happy that you got to keep your precious angel and were spared the heartache of losing her. Please give her a kiss for me!!
Post a Comment