I'm grumpy and tired. Delaney keeps climbing out of bed at obscene hours of the night, and it takes at least 90 minutes to get her back to sleep. The routine goes like this: from the depths of a lovely, sound sleep I hear "Mommy! Door!" and I drag myself out of bed. I note that it is 1:44am. I walk to Delaney's room and open the door. She is out of bed and out of the jammies I sent her to bed in. She is either naked, or wearing some haphazard outfit with her arms and legs in the wrong places. I fix her clothes and put her back to bed. I go back to bed. 20-30 minutes later we repeat the process. Eventually, I put her down and see that it is 3:15 and she stays down for the rest of the night. Except for this morning. She was up (loudly) at 6:30. I do not want to be up at 6:30 on a Saturday morning! Unfortunately, I was.
I consoled myself with the thought of a nap later. Unfortunately, Dan put her down at 11:30, while I was out at the library with Marian. Dan then took off with Joshua for DC and Delaney woke up 20 minutes after he left. So no nappy for me. Grrr. And on that happy note, here are some pictures:

Dan and Joshua stopped by the White House while in DC today. Joshua had to get his picture taken with the new prez!

They visited the Naval Memorial, and I had told Joshua I wanted pictures, so he took this one for me! What a great kid.
Now I have a little follow up.
**On the Red Dresses- My Mother in Law got them in Utah at a store there and she said she bought all the ones they had.
**On the snow.... The kids built some "snow forts" in the yards. We had a little one in front of our house, and across the street was another one. Eventually they got to hurling snowballs at each other. They had a wonderful time, and played till it was dark and dinnertime, and I made them come inside.

Here is a little snow throwing before the forts were finished. Did I mention that Joshua and Marian stayed outside in the snow all day Tuesday and Wednesday?! I sent a LOT of mittens through the dryer!

Marian wanted to build a snowman. The snow was hard to pack. So she thought of a good idea, (That's what she told me!) and she used the big empty ice cream tub to pack snow and stack it to make this snowman. This is it a day after she made it. It was a lot cuter before. She was very thorough- Peas for buttons, branch arms, carrot nose and a scarf. It had eyes, but I forgot what they were made of. I was impressed.

Delaney demanded to go outside. I put her jacket on. I put her boots on. And I put her mittens on. she went outside with Dan, who was shoveling the drive. 5 minutes later, the mittens came off and were tossed in the snow. Next, she shucked off the jacket. Then she got cold, and this was her face as she came to the door to come in. Silly pickle!
1 comment:
I am totally laughing! I used to find Recruit 6 in his closet at 2a.m. playing! Recruit 1 said it would wake her up and as long as she heard him in the closet (it was next to her room at the time) she would go back to sleep, figured it was his stuff. I don't remember if he is the one I found naked or not.. I've probably blocked that out... MISS YOU!!
Post a Comment