I signed up for tithing settlement for last night. I thought it would be nice and convenient. Dan's in the YM, so he'd be at the church anyway, and 7pm was the first slot, so the kids could still get to bed about on time. I felt clever about it all. Then they changed the Ym to a combined activity at the stake center. We don't meet in the stake center. So I took all 4 kids alone to tithing settlement.
We arrived 5 minutes early to a dark and deserted parking lot. It wasn't raining at the moment, but it had been, off and on all afternoon. To get the kids out of the car, I told them they could run around the parking lot and splash in the puddles. I didn't think they's actually do it!
They did. Fortunately, Joshua was wearing crocs, and Callie had a spare pair in the car, that I'd never quite gotten around to taking into the house. Nobody but Callie was wearing socks. When the bishop arrived, the kids trooped in with water halfway up their pants. Oh yeah, they had saturated their pants splashing in the puddles. Delaney was so funny, walking all stiff-legged and concerned because her pants and shoes were wet.
We were in and out in 5 minutes. The kids splashed some more and we drove home. Callie and Delaney went pants-less, and Delaney cried all the way home because she thought she needed those wet pants on. It was a fun time!
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

5 comments:
I love how silly kids can be. It makes us adults take time out to laugh.
Rebecca, you are the best mom! Your kids, one day, will be able to look back at all the fun things their mother let them do and experience without mom freaking out about being wet or messy.
My poor kids, I would not let them out of the car probably and not play in puddles. YOu are a good mom. I'm a stressed out mom.
So I was really excited to do it. The girls went yesterday and had a total blast. They came home with play dough and those little chain calendars to count down Christmas, and I didn't have to make either of them. I love that they are doing crafts each week in addition to all the crafts I am doing. Yea!! for Joy School.
That is so funny
Post a Comment