Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Follow up

Sorry, so many things happened to distract me from the end of the story.

.... So, the firemen came and said we had carbon monoxide in the house. I had to call the gas company and a guy came out with his magic wand and looked for the source. Fortunately, it was not a gas leak, just improperly burning appliances which were putting off the high levels of carbon monoxide. He said there was an issue with the water heater and with the stove- mostly the stove (but just while it was on, not while it wasn't in use). He put red tags on them, and shut off the gas to them. So I was hot waterless and stoveless till someone came to fix them. Eeep!

I had a little trouble getting a call back from the management company. (Which really means that I wanted to hear from them at 8am sharp and they didn't call till 10:30, by which time I was gone.) I also went ahead and went to the doctor. Both the firemen and gas company guy said I should get checked out. Apparently, I didn't really need to. Thankfully, I was able to drop the girls off at Playgroup and go alone to see the doc. He said that if I was walking, talking and functioning normally, then I was fine and any residual carbon monoxide would leave my body on its own eventually. He could have done a blood test to see what the levels were, but there really was no point, since they would not do anything, and as long as the source was stopped, there was no problem. Plus, they'd need arterial blood for it. So I didn't get poked, I went to the last 30 minutes of Playgroup!

I did have to wait at home all afternoon and the water heater guy came and cleaned it out and labled it functional. The stove guy came and chatted with me as he cleaned it out. It had gunk clogging the holes where the gas comes out and that had been causing it to burn improperly. So he cleaned out all those tiny holes and the stove actually works properly for the first time since we got here! Even better, it cooks stuff faster than it use to! Yay. So, by 4pm, all was well with the house. The alarms have not gone off again, and I had the stove on for an hour last night (I had to finish the last of my 10 Shepherd's Pies!).

Oh, and I have my eye exam resheduled for the monstrously inconvenient time of 1pm today.

So, life is back to normal and Everyone's getting a carbon monoxide detector for Christmas!!!

And now I have to mention this.... Andy actually got me a Mononxide detector for Christmas a few years ago because I was worried about the car in the garage killing us on accident. So, we moved in with one to this house. After we'd shut off all the other ones on Tuesday, I was still hearing a beep beep. It took me a while, but I tracked it down- in the middle of one of the boxes in the basement that I had never gotten around to unpacking! The darn thing worked all the way in there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How much more excitement can one have. You always seem to have fun even when you don't really want to. That what makes blogging nice cause we all get hear what is happen. I have a different blog account. I messed up the other one. http://cruisingfootepart2.blogspot.com/ MISS YA TONS