Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Favorite Things

I know Oprah always likes to share some of her favorie things, but honestly, I can't afford what Oprah likes. I will share some of my favorite things with you though. These are the top 10 (not family and friends) things that enrich my life and make me enjoy it more.

1. The Chiropractor. I love the chiro. I really liked the guy in Cherry Point. So, anyone in CP who thinks they'd like to get their back cracked by a professional, Russell Davis is the man. I miss that place. I'm working on a new place here, but it takes time for these things.

2. Normal Mormon Husband Blog. I can always count on a laugh from there. And his Twilight spoofs make me roll on the floor. I don't know if it is Mormon humor or what, but I get it. When he writes, I get it. (Unless its about sports. That's still funny, but I don't always get it!)

3. The Poineer Woman. Ahhh, the stuff she cooks, the stories she tells..... it makes me happy and it makes me laugh. Aparently I'm all about the laughing right now, because that's what my favorite things seem to have in common.

4. Curves. I love Curves. They do not offer babysitting, so I don't go now, but I DID go 3 days a week up till the day Delaney was born. And I went back a week after she came home. I love Curves. I love that it is fast. I love that it is really simple and easy. I absolutely love that it makes me feel great and works most of your body. I completely endorse Cruves fo no reason other than I think it is great and I wish I had no children at home just so I could go there!

5. 5 Guys Burgers. I thought that In n Out was the epitome of tasty burger. Then their burgers suddenly were not as tasty. I do not know why. Once here, I heard about 5 Guys, and the hype is true. Although it is like comparing apples and oranges, to try to compare it to In N Out, because it is a very different burger. Who knew grilled onions could pack such a surprise for my mouth! And their fries. I'm doing the Homer Simson right now, just thinking about it.

6. Blurb. I know I have expressed delight about Blurb.com before, but I love their books. Everything I have made by them I have love, love, loved! This year I tried the new 5x8 text only book- cheap and nice, and it came out great. I'm "scrapbooking" all my 2008 pictures into a book, and I love that it will be smaller than a scrapbook. It will be portable, and kid friendly as well.

7. Time Out for Women. It always amazes me what I learn. I have been 3 times, and at each of them, I have learned life-altering truths. Okay, I have heard things and learned things that have changed the way I view my life and the way I live it. It is such a fantastic thing to go to and I leave feeling rejuvenated and excited about my life. If you ever have the opportunity, GO!

8. My Elliptical Machine. Yes, we paid a small fortune for it 3 years ago. That's where our tax return went, and I have never regretted it. Dan wanted a gym quality machine. We got a Spirit, and I love that it has a 21 inch stride. I use that thing usually twice a week, more if the weather is too cold to run. Its a beast and will probably be a problem if we ever have a smaller house, but I love that thing!

9. My Make Ahead Meals Group. I never thought I would love it this much. 8-10 of us get togther every 2 weeks and swap 10 meals. I make 10 of the same thing and trade them in for all different things. All I have to do is to remember to take something out of the freezer the night before and I never have to worry about what's for dinner. What will I do when I actually have to plan ahead?!

10. Young Living Essential Oils. Love the way they smell, Love the things they do. Especially now when so many of our friends are getting sick.

No comments: