Okay, back to making our gingerbread houses today! You have your gingerbread. It has been cut and baked and now it is ready. (Please ignore whatever it is that keeps turning my pictures.)

Here we have the pieces laid out and ready to go. I like to use a sturdy piece of cardboard for the bottom. I cover it with foil and I'm good to go. I like to lay the pieces out like this so I can lay the frosting down where I need it.

Pour a thick layer of frosting for the foundation, and along the sides that will be touching. Then slap that bad boy together and hold it for a few minutes till the glue... er, frosting dries enough. This part may take more than 2 hands. The directions say to wait an hour before adding on the roof, but please, who actually follows directions?!! When in doubt, add more frosting. Fill up the nooks and crannies and places where the pieces don't quite meet because I am an impresice person and I don't cut a straight line!

Now me, I had to lay out 8 settings here. It was Activity Days, ya know! I actually had 9 girls come, so its a good thing I had baked up 12 of these things! They also brought more candy to decorate with. Once the girls arrived, we put the roofs on and they went to town. Here is the table before the girls arrived.

Here is the table after they left. Sprinkles, smarties, and pixie stix were everywhere! They had a good time though, and all I had to do was sweep everything off the table and into a trash can. Easy clean up!

And here is the creative process in progress. There was a lot of great stuff going on! I was impressed with some of the things they did. I hope they had fun, because I did!
No comments:
Post a Comment