Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Marian's Birthday

 Marian's birthday kind of snuck up on me.  I did have all her loot, and the last gift arrived in the mail the day of her birthday, so I had pre-planned enough there.  But the day before her birthday I had gone to the commissary and gotten groceries. I felt like I was covered for any request she had.  I asked what she wanted for dinner and for cake and she said she wanted Chicken Enchiladas and an Ice Cream Cake.  Oops.  I was not prepared for that!  So I headed back to the commissary to get the required ingredients.

The Our Best Bites "Mint Chip Ice Cream Brownie Squares".  Brownie for the bottom, then ice cream, with an oreo and chocolate ganache layer, topped with whip cream.  Delicious!

My happy birthday girl!  Okay, not the best photo.  She was enjoying her cake and she has a good size loot pile next to her and on the bench there.  

The kids all asked for giant pieces of cake.  And since the darn thing takes up so much room in the freezer, I obliged.  

The cake was fabulous, but most of the kids ran out of tummy space before finishing.  Heh heh heh.

Now we are ready for presents!! Marian was the last to finish and made everyone wait on her as she ate every last bite of her cake. 

Josh may be too cool, but he wasn't too cool to hang out with us and enjoy the birthday festivities.

Enjoying the presents and feeling pretty special. Super cute and soft shirts from Grandma and Grandpa.

Slightly confused and fully delighted about the Miraculous Ladybug action figure she just opened. 

But trying to pretend she's too grown up for such things. (She totally isn't!) 

 Callie is already plotting and planning how to most enjoy her sisters stuff.

No comments: