Thursday was a gross and rainy day. But we still went to the Temple. It meant not very many pictures, because I didn't want to get wet.
But I was there and it was wonderful.
This is my feeling-very-pleased-with-myself face. We figured out how to take the city bus out to Stanley Market and here I am, riding an actual city bus, all by myself! Okay not entirely by myself. intent and April were there too.
No photos of the Conference at all, but here is the crowded MTR train on the way home!
Friday morning we walked to the MTR behind this guy in this awesome coat.
After Conference we ran off to the 10,000 Buddhas Monastery. We felt pleased with ourselves again that we were able to successfully negotiate our way there without anyone really knowing how to get there. We were greeted with this sign.
Oh my! Fake Monks?!! We were quite disappointed to not see any fake monks. Or real ones, for that matter.
I don't know if there were 10,000 statues, but there were a LOT!
And it was at least a half lime walk to get to the halfway point. And the entire hill was lined with these guys.
What made it so fun and awesome was that each statue was different. Different bodies, faces, poses.
Some were very interesting and some were what you would expect a monk to look like. And some you thought might be passing out scriptures.
April and I thought life should imitate art!
Did I mention how impressive it was? And how these things went on and on and on forever?!
And did I mention how fun some of the poses were?! I really wish there were plaques that told the story of whatever monk it was. I really want to know about them!
Oops. April and I are pointing to the rules we broke before we knew they were rules.
We only made it halfway up. It closed at 5pm and we got this far at 4:45. We had just 15 minutes to check out this area before trekking back down. It was gorgeous. This was the temple. No photos allowed inside though.
So pretty!
I have no idea what any of this was, but it was lovely and interesting. And closing. They kept announcing that it was closing time.
So I got my selfie in and then we ran a2way just before they kicked us out.
Check it out. I finally made it to Ikea and I only had to go to Hong Kong to do it! We did spend some time meandering through the Ikea just because we could. And we had lunch there.
And I made a friend there! I was sad I didn't have enough room to bring back some of the delightful things I found there.
And Saturday morning I went to Conference and then had to run away at 11 to catch my 2pm flight. This is a picture of the second suitcase I bought. I needed room to bring home more loot! And I wanted to make sure I would recognize it when I got off the plane.
Chillin' at the Hong Kong Airport waiting for my flight to leave.
Layover in Taipai. I was not thrilled that I had to walk a long way to go through security again and then make a U turn to walk back the way I just came to get to my gate. And then my flight was delayed 30 minutes. But all went well and I got home safely and It was a wonderful trip!

No comments:
Post a Comment