On Tuesday we took the Star Ferry back across the water. We were heading back to the Stanley Market. there were some items that had become more desirable after sleeping on the idea of them.
I did go back and look at this. But at $750HKD I still couldn't buy it for my mom. Maybe if it slid easily out into a rapier, I would have sprung for it. But a walking stick that needs to be unscrewed with two hands and then only becomes a pointy spear wasn't quite worth it. But I did debate!
We had an authentic Chinese lunch while at Stanley Market and it was fabulous. This is after we finished. So delicious!
How much fun was the ride home?! This much fun! It was such a blast! Riding in the top of the big bus with no roof and zooming down these scary streets was awesome. I need this picture to remind me just how much fun I had.
Hong Kong is so pretty. The vistas and landscapes are really impressive. And the dichotomy of giant new age buildings and beaches and greenery is pretty cool.
We stopped at the water for a Sampan ride. It was a little boat and we cruised around the water for half an hour. It was worth doing.
It's me! On a little boat in Hong Kong!
The floating restoring. On a cool note.... Dan and I went to see the new Lara Croft Tomb Raider movie and I was so excited that I had been right where she was when she was running through the boats in Hong Kong. This is the restaurant why go barreling through.
The boat driver handed us all hats and offered to take a photo. So we did!
At the Ladies Market for the second night in a row. More purchases were made and much fun was had. I bought a little carry on size suitcase and stuffed my loot inside it.
This is where our Guest House is located. Straight across the street and right into that building. So if you ever want to stay at a scary guest house... this is the place!
Wednesday we headed to Disneyland! This is Kristal, me and April. We are riding the Disney Train to get there.
Whoo-hoo! I'm at Disney Land and I don't have any kids so I can ride whatever I want to!
And I did. Here I am, waiting for Space Mountain which had almost no line at all. It was fabulous and I rode it twice!
Cruising through "It's a Small World". And then singing that song the rest of the day because it was stuck in my head.
Riding the Slinky Dog with Kristal in Toy Story Land.
I wasn't sure I wanted to go on the parachute ride, but it didn't seem too bad, so I got talked into it. Nope. I hate heights. As long as my eyes were closed, it wasn't too bad. So I kept them closed and hung on for dear life and they laughed at me.
We roe the river cruise ride and enjoyed it. The guide took our picture when the ride ended. Lynnette, April, me, and Kristal.
Hong Kong does have some different food options than USA Disney's! I had a Mickey Waffle, not the fish balls.
We stayed for the Parade, which I don't think I have ever watched all the way through before.
Then it was Goodbye DisneyLand!

No comments:
Post a Comment