Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Hong Kong Pix, Monday

I took a photo of the super-sweet attendant who was trying so hard to help us.  We did go back twice to ask more questions.  And she was gracious and lovely both times.  She was also at the gate when we finally boarded the flight.  I told her she was amazing and we appreciated all her help and she said, "No one ever told me that before."  And I was sad.  She was so wonderful, how could she never have been told it before?


This is the Guest House we booked.  You can look it up, it had good customer reviews!!  Apparently they were all liars, plants or third world country residents.  But you can see how we thought it was a good idea!

This is the room.  I am standing directly in front of the door.  This is a "double" bed.  Theoretically two people can sleep on it. But that is really only if they are children. And not my children.  My children don't want to be that close.

A better view of the bed.  Granted, the room was fairly clean and it did look decent.  It wasn't awful, just small.  Which was described in the description and not a surprise.  Just a surprise how small it actually felt!

Here is the bathroom. It is a standard tiny bathroom with a tiny sink.  I'm a fan of having room to spread out, but there was nowhere to put your stuff except in the basket behind the toilet.  Except if you look in the upper middle of the picture, you can see the shower head.  Yep, the shower sprays directly down onto the toilet.  So you want everything (including the toilet paper!) out of there when you shower. And that boxy thins in the top left corner... that's the 2 gallon hot water tank.  You had to turn the hot water tank on 15 minutes before you wanted to shower.  Then you ONLY had that much hot water and once it was gone, it was gone.  

Standing on the bed.  That's the bathroom door and the exit door.  So it is a no-frills, tiny room.  But it was sufficient and private.  And you had a private bathroom (as long as no one was standing in the hallway listening to you pee).

This was  famous, posh hotel that dated back to the British occupation.  

We bought tickets to take the Big Bus around Hong Kong and it picked us up near here.  It was a good decision.  I liked all the historical info they threw out. 

We sat on the top of the double decker bus and it was so fun!  This bus had no top so we were open to the air and could see really well. 

So much fun to ride down the street!  We sat in the very front to maximize the experience.

We were searching for a clean bathroom and a place to find food and encountered this place near the Star Ferry.  We had to explore!

Selfies for the kids with the silly plastic animals. 

And the giant lollypops?  I have no idea what it was or what it was for but it was cute and fun.

Riding the ferry to the Hong Kong Island part was also very cool.  I do like the ferry though.

See, I'm having a great time!

We made it to the Stanley Market where we bought lots of fun stuff. It was good shopping, but not much haggling.  Most were firm on their prices.  More clothe than the Ladies Market.

We found a beach on the way to find the bus stop.  So we had to stop and rest our feet and enjoy the gorgeousness there.  

And since I was at a beach, I just HAD to walk into the water and dip my tootsies.  It was chilly, but nice.

We rode in the very front of the double decker bus back from the Stanley Market and the ride was rather hair raising! 

But it was a beautiful ride back into town and I enjoyed it very much.

The amazing and delicious dinner at the vegetarian Indian restaurant.This giant thing is called a "Dossa" and it was yummy!  We were the only non-Indians in there.  Everything was excellent.

My first professional foot massage. It was quite uncomfortable. 

No comments: