Delaney was off on her exciting trip over her birthday, so we celebrated when she got back.
Her loot pile was hefty and her joy was full with all the lovely gifts.
She was especially delighted with a box of fabric from her grandparents. Long swaths to have much fun sewing.
Callie did not want a photo taken.
But Delaney was having a marvelous birthday and having a very good time.
She was pleased with all her gifts and happy to receive so many things she wanted.
And.... the cake....... It has a story! Delaney wanted a blue cake with purple frosting. And it did look better in real life. Anyway, I googled "blue Velvet cake" and found a promising recipe. I was about done when I realized they required GEL food coloring, not the regular stuff. Which explained why their cake was significantly more blue than I had thought you could make a cake. I just poured in the entire container of blue. And it was blue...ish. When I got to the frosting, I discovered I had made a tactical error in using ALL the blue food coloring, because one cannot make purple without blue. Oops. And the commissary was out of food coloring. No problem! I googled "Kool Aid Frosting" and discovered that indeed, you can use grape Kool Aid to make frosting. Unfortunately, it was quite lip-puckeringly tart and very, very grape. Not something I would ever do again!

No comments:
Post a Comment