The Branch had a Camp Out. I do not like to camp. I do not like to voluntarily sleep poorly, so I do not like camping. I probably would have gone out and then retuned home late, but the gates closed at 8pm and you had to have your car on the outside by then, or stay the night. Plus, there was a lack of enthusiasm from everyone but Callie. The night before, Dan committed to go and take Josh and Callie. So the three of them went, and had a good time, although Josh was bitter that the promised camp fire did not appear. I guess there were no fire pits. So he was disappointed. Josh slept in his hammock, Callie slept in the tent, and Dan slept in the van. All of them had a good time.
For a YW Activity, the girls decorated cakes. Well, cakes made out of rice krispies. The point was to hone decorating skills. They enjoyed it a lot. Callie replicated a cake she made the last time she decorated a cake- that cake had the misfortune of being dropped on the doorstep. this cake made it home to be enjoyed. Marian made a spectacular "Big Yellow" Cake and included the inside joke word of "Crispy" on it. Which made me laugh.
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment