And I am so glad I did commit to go! It was awesome! It was a fabulous hike up and down a ravine. There was some path, some hiking up a creek (and trying to keep your feet dry!), some steep muddy path and trails requiring a rope to help haul yourself along. So much fun! And it ended up being about 2 miles and it took close to 2 hours (including a snack break).
2 minutes into the hike on wide trail and we found this! What the heck?! A little castle? Yes, please. We had to climb and check it out. That is Josh up there, wearing my sweet hat.
This was the view from where the castle was. Pretty spectacular and the picture does it no justice.
Another Castle picture where you can see Josh and his hat a little better.
The steep down trail with the support ropes. That's Marian and Josh is in front of her.
Over logs and more downhill. I had a marvelous time. Marian and Josh had fun too.
This portion was steep and slippery enough that we went down one at a time so one fall wouldn't drop everyone.
Negotiating the slippery rocks in the water as we hiked up the stream. No path on the side, it was right up the creek!
Pretty waterfall. The hike really was gorgeous. I felt very jungle explorer!
Me! In the jungle! By the little waterfall! And I am having a wonderful time, and wondering why I never do this on my own.
See, it was a very pretty path to hike.
My brave and conquering heros!
We took a short break here and this rope was the source of much fun.
That's my Marian!
Callie also climbed across the rope.
Then she had to climb up the vertical rope.
Which she successfully managed.
What goes down must go up. So there was a bit of uphill that left my legs and calves crying. But t was a god time and I am really glad I went.
For future reference, we hiked at Ishikawadake. If I type that into my gps, it brings up the parking lot at the foot of the trail. It was less than 30 minutes from Kadena Gate 3.

No comments:
Post a Comment