Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sand Dollar Beach Day!

  I was adventurous! Well, I was adventurous, for me.  I have a slightly neurotic fear of finding parking, and will refuse to go exploring based solely on the anxiety caused by not knowing where I can park.  So this was huge for me.  I wanted to go to Sand Dollar Beach-  A place that my GPS does not recognize and I only knew of a general area for.  But Marian, Callie and Rylee were ready to try something new, so we did.  I was quite pleased with myself.

Sand Dollar Beach is a few miles before Sea Glass Beach.  So I set the GPS to Sea Glass Beach, and once we were a few kilometers away, I turned towards the ocean and took the narrow coastal road until I found a place with beach access, that also had a place to pull off and park.  It ended up being so much easier than my anxiety-riddled concerns told me it would be.


We parked right next to this little memorial.  It was all in Japanese, so I have no idea what it was, but it was cool.

The girls were all about exploring the beach and checking out all the cool nooks and crannies.   

And they had a blast posing for pictures.  All kinds of pictures and poses. 

We did make it down to the beach and there were millions of sand dollars.  Mostly they were just mucky brown circles in the mud, but once you knew what to look for they were everywhere!
But mostly broken.

Is this not a beautiful beach?!  It was gorgeous!   

I kind of like these kids.  A lot. 

 They went wading and let me tell you, the felt bottom boots are the best thing ever invented! I am so glad we invested in them.  They are amazing.  Just in case you were wondering.

More pictures and posing by my little darlings.

 I love that they like each other enough to have fun doing this.

They are silly little goobers and I adore them. 

 Ah, this was so you could see what the sand dollars looked like in the water.  Can you see the whitish blob in the middle?  That's a sand dollar.  Most were orange or brown from sitting in th emuck.  Most were old and gross.


Yeah, they had to climb up EVERYTHING!  They had a very good time. 

Rylee's Pretty pose for me. 

Marian had to be different!

And Callie needed a picture as well. 

I thought we were done and heading home, but nope.  They found this culvert and had to explore and play some more.

This is the haul we brought home.  This doesn't count the ones we left behind.  Not too shabby.  Now I need to check Pintrest for ideas on what to do with them!

No comments: