Sunday January 13, 2013
We made it through the first week back to school. It went astonishingly well. Sadly, it was an ugly, overcast week with a lot of drizzly rain, which was quite dreary. I got up early on Monday to run and was quite disgruntled to see that the street lights on the flight line were NOT fixed and now every single one of them is out. Fortunately, I ran anyway and no MPs stopped me to tell me I couldn't be there. It was a short run, since it was my first after 10 days off but it felt really good.
I made the mistake of thinking I could schedule my allergy shot before story time and still make it to story time. I had to wait 30 minutes to get the shot and by the time I waited the 30 minutes after the shot, Rylee was done and it was too late. So we stopped by Walmart instead. Somehow it wasn't the same.
Tuesday Levi and I ran on the levee and it went really well, but he got muddy enough I decided a bath was in order. He was not pleased, but he sure looked nice. Wednesday the weather psyched me out and I spent quality time with the elliptical machine at home rather than running. I also finally got around to converting Rylee's crib into a "big girl" bed. Rylee was so thrilled. Sadly, she did not want to actually USE it and did not take a nap, Neither did she got to bed well in it that night and she didn't sleep well in it. It did get better and she's back to napping properly and sleeping through the night (most nights!).
Thursday I had a 10am meeting at the school about Marian's 504 and I didn't have time to exercise. The meeting was quick and painless. I LOVE her teacher this year. She really has a good one and I'm so happy about that. Marian is doing really well and we didn't need to change anything on her plan. I had a massive headache by the time I got home and I was glad Rylee was in preschool so I could lie down. That was about all I did the rest of the day till kids came home. The headache finally went away around bedtime. Ha. The irony kills me.
Friday I didn't want to get up early and I didn't want to deal with the worry of getting caught running the flight line, so I didn't. I went running after the kids went to school, which meant running with a stroller and a dog. Sigh. Not much fun either. And it was an awful run. My friend Jamie came over to hang out and let the girls play for a while and it was marvelous. I love friends who make me feel like I'm interesting and they want to spend time with me. I had a grumpy evening.
I got up Saturday to run with my running group. It was suppose to be a "long run" but I was not going to try for 6 miles! Fortunately, we have a lot of newbies in the group, so I went with them and we ran and walked 4 miles. I was secretly glad. It was a muggy 70 degrees and I know I'd have been down with a migraine if I'd tried to push in that weather. So I was happy. I got out, I did some running and I stayed headache-free!
Callie and Marian had been invited to an awesome birthday party at the local animal shelter so I went to pick them up and then stopped by the commissary. I got a little nappy-poo and Dan spent all afternoon and evening at Stake Conference. The kids were really good and we had a nice evening. Today was Stake Conference and I was so happy we didn't have to drive the hour to the stake center. We got to go to our own building, so I was delighted to have an extra hour of sleep and delighted to not have to teach this week. Did I mention it was 76 degrees today? Thank goodness cooler weather is on the way!
So, a good week overall. I think we're back into the routine of things and life is going pretty well.
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment