Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Best Birthday Party Idea Ever!

The girls were invited to a birthday party for today.  I wanted to mention it so I won't forget this marvelous idea.  It was a Service Party, where the kids all volunteered at the local animal shelter.  The invitation had lots of specific instructions, which was nice.

The kids showed up at the Shelter at 8am this morning and had donuts, fruit, and juice for breakfast.  Then they went into the shelter and cleaned kennels and litter pans and stuff.  They got to "socialize" with the animals as well.  Callie and Marian were in heaven.  I arrived at 11 to pick them up and they were having so much fun holding and playing with kittens.  They LOVED the party, even though there was no cake or goodie bags.  On the way out, they had granola bars, pop tarts and drinks before we left.

Also, in lieu of presents, the birthday girl asked for donations for the shelter and listed all the stuff they needed.  Marian and Callie really enjoyed filling up a cart with pet supplies and I spent more than I would have on a regular gift, but felt so much better about it!

Callie thinks this was the best birthday party ever and wants to do it for her next birthday.  How awesome is that?  Cheap for me, awesome for the kids and useful for the shelter.  Win on all accounts!  I love it!

1 comment:

Savannah said...

I read about parties like this in the Parents magazine. Sounds like fun! Glad the girls had such a great time!