Joshua had one little thing to finish up before he could achieve his "Arrow of Light" for scouts. His fabulous scout leader used the holiday Monday to meet us at Bayou Signet Park. We figured it would be a good day to take all the kids out. We'd never been to the park, and it is a state park with a bunch of different things to do. I thought we'd get some hiking and stuff in. Sadly, we just hung out at the park and Joshua went off to do his thing. I'd have liked to have gone hiking on some of their trails, but with a gaggle of girls, it seemed more prudent to just stay at the park, where they had an absolutely marvelous time. It was a lovely day and it was nice to spend the morning at the park as a family. Yep, even Dan was there.
We brought Levi with us, but I'm not sure how much fun he had! We wouldn't let him off the leash, wouldn't let him chase anything, and wouldn't rescue him from Callie's repeated torture of him on the playground. Poor, good natured dog!
Trying to get a group shot. Callie insisted Levi had to be in it, and no one would look at me.
Callie took Levi down the slide.... several times!
Note the death grip on the collar so he can't get away.
Such a good doggie!
This was a fun little thing and the girls really liked it.
Delaney asked for her picture to be taken.
Rylee was cute. She had fun, until she scooped up some sand that had been part of an ant pile. Ouchies! She got a few fire-ant bites on her fingers.
Did I mention it was about 65 degrees?! Gorgeous weather that day! The girls kicked off their shoes and had a blast digging and building in the sand.
Callie an Levi weren' the only ones to utilize the slide.
And Joshua is spotting wildlife. I've got him super-zoomed here, and he didn't know I snapped his picture. heh heh heh

No comments:
Post a Comment