Mardi Gras is here! The first parades rolled a week ago and things are in full swing. Delaney had a fun assignment for school, to make a shoe box float. I got some materials and we got to work. Er, um, some of us got to work. Some of us glued fuzzy green fabric to the shoe box and asked Delaney what she wanted next. Delaney giggled and colored a picture. Some of us glued beads to the float and asked Delaney what she wanted next. Delaney giggled and counted pompoms. Some of us glued pom poms on and actually got some help from Delaney! Some of us made little pipe cleaner people. Callie distracted Delaney further by deciding they needed to decorate their own masks. I ended up holding the glue gun while they stuck all sorts of things all sorts of places. They had a great time. Delaney's float has no theme, and is pretty random, but that should be perfect for her!
Callie and her awesome mask!
Callie and Delaney showing off their masks together. Lots of creativity here, people. Lots!
Delaney's final product. Isn't it glorious?!
And now, to brag. Joshua is going to be in a Mardi Gras Parade tomorrow! His school has a band for the first time this year, and they will be marching in the parade. I got to see them practicing today. Yikes! Such a little group of little kids! Well, middle school kids. They have a small band, but I am super excited to see them in the parade. And I hope all my worries are for naught! (It is 4 1/2 miles of marching with an instrument in full uniform in 70+ degrees.)
Pictures of the parade will be posted after!

No comments:
Post a Comment