Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, May 29, 2010

At Last!!!

Today was a glorious day! A day a long time coming. A joyous, life-changing day. Okay, maybe not life-changing. However, after several months, I told Joshua that his hair needed to be cut this weekend and he agreed. To my great astonishment, he asked me to cut it Marine style, like his dad's hair. Wow! I was giddy with excitement!

Here is his "Before" shot. He is hamming it up for me with his horrid face. Look how long that hair is! It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so baby fine and straight. He can't brush it to the side or anything; it just falls straight into his eyes. Ug, I say. I couldn't quite make myself give him a high-and-tight. I like a little bit of hair on top, so I did not buzz the whole thing. Joshua was pleased with the result.

Yes, he was quite pleased with the way it turned out. As was I. I really like short hair. I like to see the ears and the back of the head. I do not like hair in the eyes, or over the ears. I was happy that his fade looked good. Since it is such straight, fine hair, it really shows if I don't get it right.

Somehow, it looked like a lot more hair on the floor before I took this picture. And the dish towel on the floor was what was wrapped around his neck to keep the hair off. Not that it worked very well! Notice that Joshua is still hamming it up! That's my boy. Fortunately, my boy now has short, good-looking hair!

No comments: