Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, May 6, 2010

How is the arm?

I have been remiss, and I apologize. To update you on things, Joshua is awesome. He only took his Tylenol with Codein twice- he had a dose before bed the first 2 nights, and that was because I practically made him. He has had no problems and hasn't complained, cried or whined at all about his arm, leg or ear. He did bash his ear at recess today and he made it bleed, but it should be okay. He is suppose to get those stitches out on Saturday.

I unwrapped him today. I was really surprised at how far they spaced his stitches. I guess since I am a girl, all my stitches were made as small as possible to minimize scarring. His leg gash was a lot bigger than mine (the one I got when I was 9!), yet we both got 3 stitches for it. Actually, I think they may be spaced widely because the doctor was under a time limit. He did an excellent job. It looks to be healing very nicely.

He had 5 sets of stitching in his arm- 5 stitches at the wrist, 7 in the long underarm cut, 3 by his elbow, and 2 each in the smaller elbow cuts. And then there was the 2 in his ear. That's a total of 21 stitches. Oops, I forgot the 3 on the leg! 24 stitches in all.

No comments: