I have long maintained that people judge a mother by how well her girls' hair is done. If you look deep within yourself, you will see that this is true. No matter how frazzled or awful a mom may be, as soon as her daughters appear with perfectly coiffed hair, that mom is a superstar! My friend Sharon is a great example of this. (Not that she is a bad mom, she is a great mom!) Her girls always have such cute hair and it makes Sharon look like the best mom ever. I have discovered part of her secret. Check out this blog- http://cute2tryhairdos.blogspot.com
This lady shows step by step how to do some darn impressive things with her girl's hair. I finally decided I no longer needed to be intimidated by such things and I bribed Callie and Delaney to sit still yesterday while I tried out some simpler looking things. Delaney was my trial run and her hair turned out okay. However, between her naturally wispy strands and her tendency to rub her head on the couch, chair, floor, whatever, she was looking a bit unkempt by church time. As for Callie, well, Callie's hair turned out spectacular!

I need to not give a choice. Delaney only wanted 2 ponytails, and I managed to put them into a third, and then she wanted a big pony in the back. I should have used more goop. I used Terry's fabulous hair glaze, but I should have gotten her hair all wet first, rather than started with dry hair.

Check that out. Isn't it great?! And it was really easy. Since I did Delaney's hair first, I learned a few things. First off, wet hair works better. Wet hair, covered in mousse stays put very well. I was able to get this done fairly quickly and then Callie added her two cents worth. Callie has an unfortunate tendency to want every single hair clippie put in her hair, no matter if it matches or not. I managed to keep it to the white butterfly and tiny red heart clip. She also wanted it put into a ponytail in the back rather than left down. It was quite cute.
As I said, Quite cute!!!

Today, while Delaney was distracted at the computer, I saturated her hair with the sprayer and did what I did to Callie's hair yesterday. It was quick, easy and came out nicely. Rather than put the end pony in a little bun, Delaney wanted it left down, and she did not want a big ponytail in the back. So far, it still looks good and is keeping her hair out of her face.

This is what it looks like from the front. And check out how nicely bruised and scabby her lip is. Poor thing. I'm not sure the fabulous hair can distract enough from that!

And this is just a gratuitous shot of Rylee being adorable this morning!
2 comments:
I am soooo impressed! They turned out so cute!
They look great! I use that same site to get hair ideas for my Savannah.
Post a Comment