This has been a rough week. Not during the days, just at night. Rylee is on the waking-every-30-minutes schedule and I don't much care for it. I was having a breakdown around 2am Thursday night and could not figure out why this kid could not sleep. She acted like she was so uncomfortable, but Tylenol wasn't making a difference at all. And sometimes, after I actually made it back into my own bed, I would get back up to see this:

She is much happier to see me than I am to see her at this hour. I felt rotten on Friday when I looked in her mouth (while doing a finger-sweep to remove a non-food item from it) and saw this:

Yeah, the 2 side teeth I knew about. The center 2, I did not. The one is popping through, and the other is sitting right there, getting ready to. So I feel bad that I was so cross with her, when she really did have a reason to be unhappy.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Today, Joshua had a friend come over and we made Marshmallow Blow Guns. It was a lot of sawing, but the kids helped out.

Joshua did a really good job with the little saw. He probably cut almost half the pieces. I would have done it outside, but it was too stinking hot!

Callie asked if she could cut. I said yes and she looked at me and said, "I didn't think you would say yes!" She was so happy to give it a try. She made it about halfway through one cut before deciding it was harder than it looked.

Putting the guns to the test! It was a rousing success. I taped a bag of marshmallows to each gun and said that was all they got. When they had used up their bag of 'shmellows, they were done. They were so funny, running around looking for the
marshmallows to reuse.

They had a very good time shooting each other and everything else they could.

Callie was too cute! But then, she always is!
- - - - - - - - - - -
Today Delaney had a little accident at the neighbors. I was not present, but I understand it had something to do with being pushed and falling hard onto the neighbors driveway. This is what she looked like when I got home:

Okay, its actually not looking too bad. She had such a fat lip, it was sad. It wasn't till bedtime that I pulled up her lip and looked at what else was damaged.
AAck!

She really messed it up in there. Poor little pickle. She kept dabbing it with a
Kleenex, even though it hadn't bled for a while.
2 comments:
Wow, Delaney's mouth looks quite painful! waht a good mom you are for finding and doing such a fun/amazing activity for your kids - you are totally the coolest mom in the neighborhood! M
Poor kids! I remember the bashed mouths and it wasn't fun. or the teething. But the marshmellow guns-- That's Fun! What a good Mom!
Post a Comment