Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Learning New Things


We have been learning and doing lots of exciting things lately. Mostly Rylee is doing new things, but everyone is growing and learning.

Marian let me try new things with her hair. She was very patient and looked SO cute!

Callie learned a new song at school and practiced her song "This Pretty Planet" 500 times at home. Then I got to go to her preschool and see her sing it. She was adorable. The school does a great program, I must say. It is short, well done and the kids do a great job.

Delaney has learned to turn on the computer, open the Internet and get to Netflix and watch movies. Unfortunately, she does it in the middle of the night sometimes. I do not know how long she was up the night before, but she fell asleep on the couch at 10am.

Joshua has been taking violin lessons at school. He likes it, and has to practice for his Spring Concert next month. I'm so sorry about his hair. We have an agreement and he gets to keep it like this till the end of the month. Thank goodness that's coming up soon! (Oh, and you can see some of his fabulous scars on the underside of his arm there.)

This is one of my favorite pictures. Rylee loves to do whatever the big kids are doing. I love that she and Marian are sitting the same way. Quite cute.

Rylee just turned 8 months. She is pulling herself up onto everything and she is getting around! I think she will be walking well before her first birthday.

The little pickle has also learned to climb the stairs. She is so proud of this accomplishment! And she is fast. She can zoom up them before you even notice she's gone. She's fallen down a few times, so its good that they are carpeted, and that there are only 7 stairs to tumble down.

Rylee has discovered new foods. Her sister left a bag of goldfish on the floor and Rylee dumped them out and started snacking. I think she may be too smart!

And she sure is Trouble! I was loading the dishwasher and left for a minute. This is what I came back to find!

Yes, she is learning to eat all kinds of new things! She was all over this corn on the cob tonight! Okay, so Callie ate most of the corn of the cob, but Rylee thought it was the best thing ever. Ignore Joshua. I swear, the boy hates it if I'm taking HIS picture, but he loves to pop into everyone else's shots.

As for me, I am learning patience. I am learning to try to so small things and I'm learning that we have too much stuff! I'm working on organizing our stuff before we move and its no fun. I have a bunch of things ready to be hauled away and I love that the Thrift Stores will com pick it up! Dan and I are learning where all the streets and communities are in our area and we are learning which ones we think we want to live in. We are excited about a possible house and will be looking at it this weekend. And that then brings up a whole new set of anxiety. If we commit to this house, what if something better comes along?!

2 comments:

Savannah said...

That picture of Rylee is one of the cutest pictures EVER!!! I'm in love! It could seriously go viral!!

Deborah said...

Savannah-- Which picture of Rylee? I think they are all super cute! I love all the different expressions.