Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Stitches, Cool hair, and the park

Here is a shot of Joshua's arm in all its gory glory. You can see how widely spaced the stitches are, but still doing their job. He has a good deal of bruising around them too.

Check out how close that cut is to his tendon there. How blessed is he?!!
He got the 2 stitches in his ear out today and the rest come out next week. He still likes to keep a bandage over everything, which is interesting, since it includes his elbow and knee.

** ** ** ** **

I have been having fun with Callie's hair. She has been cooperative and excited to have neat things done to it. I am not very good at a lot of stuff, but I am getting better!

This one was really easy, although I didn't split some of the ponies like I was suppose to. It came out cute and held her hair very nicely.

She asked for the back to be in a big ponytail and it was adorable! Callie is just adorable!

This was the nifty one I did for Friday. I had a lot of trouble with the big ponytails, but the clips hid a lot of the imperfection. I wanted to curl the ponies, but Callie said no. Maybe next time! This style was not as good. I do not have girls who sit quietly. I have girls who run and jump and do headstands and roughhouse. So the back here did not stand up to all that and was pulling loose by nighttime. Maybe smaller little ponies would work.....

** ** ** ** ** **

I had been promising Callie that we could go to the park after preschool someday. I finally thought about it enough in advance that I got a snack together and was prepared to do it. The girls were thrilled. It was a gorgeous sunny day and we played at the park and it was fun!

Rylee crawled up to the sand and thought the texture was interesting.

Callie was a hoot on the slide.

Rylee LOVED the swing!

She was almost too little for it, but she hung on like a little monkey and had a great time.

Part of her face is messy from the chocolate donuts she licked the frosting off of (donuts she was NOT suppose to be eating!), and part of it is residual scab from her tumble a week ago. (She can't stop picking off the scab and making it bleed, so it is still healing.... over and over.)

Callie made me a "cheesecake" and an "ice cream cone" in the sandbox. She's so thoughtful! And adorable. I amy have mentioned that before, but this kid is adorable!

2 comments:

Savannah said...

You're right! She is adorable!! :)

foxadam said...

Tell Joshy-wishy-washy-squishy-squashy that he is my hero! He is one brave little toaster!