30 minutes after Dan and Joshua left for a camp out, we got some thunder and we got some lightning, and then we got some rain and suddenly, we got hail! Lots of big hail. Okay, not HUGE hail, but pretty big hail for people like me who don't see much of it! Of course, the kids had to run out and play in it and they had a marvelous time!
You can kind of see it falling here. Callie said they hurt when they hit, so she did not stand out in it very long. Check out how saturated she is already!
And this kid! Oooh, she is such a sweetie and so hard to get a good picture of. Look at that pile of hail. Not quite golf ball sized, but big enough to hurt!
The girls ran around collecting as much hail as they could. Here they are, with their pile of ice. They crack me up. They got buckets and ran all over the yard collecting more.
** ** ** ** **
And Marian finally let me do something fun with her hair just for school. It was really fast and simple and looked really cute!
Check that out! Isn't it cool?!
** ** ** * ** ** **
Our latest adventure is searching for buried treasure. Joshua has gotten pretty adept at making maps. However, I decided it took longer for them to hunt it down if I wrote out directions. You know, "10 steps straight ahead, then turn left..." So Joshua had his friend over and I gave them the written directions and sent them out. Very funny! They got so turned around and just could not follow the directions! I gave them a little interpretive help and they were able to locate the appropriate spot. (Don't worry Kirsten, I made sure it was in the garden, so no lawn is missing. And we have buried some for your kids when you get back as well!)
Here they are at the correct digging site.
The joy of opening the can to discover what delights awaited! I will say that the mini fun shaped squirt guns were the biggest hit.
If you feel the need to bury treasure as well, I just picked up some old tins at the thrift store and filled them with fun things and buried them. Then we made clues on how to find them. The kids like the hunt more than the actual treasure, so I don't go overboard on that. Just some cheap trinkets and toys.

No comments:
Post a Comment