I took a road trip with my girls. Okay, with half my girls. There was a wedding reception in Havelock, where we use to live, and I wanted to go. Dan said I should, so he stayed home with the other kids and sent me off. I took Callie, because she is the most needy right now, and I took Rylee, because well, Dan lacks the means to feed her. It was fun to spend time with Callie without having to break up fights or monitor teasing. She is a funny kid and she makes up the funniest songs.

Here we are, after a nearly 7 hour drive. It went shockingly well, by the way. We stayed on the base quarters, which were fantastic. Rylee was cooperative and slept well for me both nights.

Here are my girls, all dressed and ready to go out Saturday morning! Callie got to choose where we ate. I'm going to say now that McDonald's should not be eaten twice in a 24 hour period!

Callie wanted to go bowling. So we went. Here is her sad face when I told her that there was no arcade area at this bowling alley.

She still had fun bowling, although I bowled half her sets when she got tired of it.
Callie wanted Rylee to bowl too!

Our scores.... I am a dreadful bowler. Callie beat me with only one bumper (the other wouldn't come up!).

Saturday night was the wedding reception. This is what Callie ate. Since it was also dinner, you can see that she had a nutritiously balanced meal last night.

Rylee was very popular and I didn't hold her at all! I was happy with that, but Callie was quite concerned that other people were going to steal "her" baby. All my reassurances were for naught, when Bro M was holding Rylee and informed Callie that he was going to keep the baby.

Oops, out of order. This was the peaceful 3 hours that Rylee slept on the drive home. It came before the 2 hours of screaming. (Which were twice as awful when coupled with Callie's singing.)
This was why I took my trip. And yes, 6 hours of driving each way, to go to a wedding reception, and to see old friends.... totally worth it! To see one of my YW, married in the right place, at the right time, to the right guy, was a wonderful thing. Coming home to a clean house and a sweet husband who spent the next hour holding Rylee was also a wonderful thing! Life is good.
3 comments:
you are brave to take your baby on a road trip! That is great that it went well.
I feel for you with the sad baby thing. Our Gwen didn't like traveling when we came to Utah in June, and only a LITTLE bit more when we moved here in August.=)
Tell Victoria congrats from me also!
how fun that you got to go! I'm glad it worked out.
Post a Comment