Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Kid quotes

It seems like other people's kids say much funnier things than my own. Then I thought perhaps their parents just pay better attention than I do. So I've tried harder to listen to them (when they are not talking to me!) and I have actually gotten out a notebook to write things down the second they are said, so I do not forget them. I know Delaney said the funniest thing in the car about her favorite color no longer being pink (it's now blue), but I can't recall what was so hilarious about it because I didn't write it down and now its gone. Here are my current favorite comments from the kids:

Joshua: "I didn't know Daddy was a captain. It would be cooler if he was, like, a Bazooka Trooper!"

Marian (talking to Rylee): Rylee Pants, you have a big head. That's why you are not cute. You have a big brain in there."

Callie: "I just tooted, but I didn't lift my butt up to do it!" (potty talk is quite popular in our house... not with me, just with the kids!)

Delaney (looking in the mirror): "Its me! I'm beautiful. I have hair!"

3 comments:

Just the 2 of us said...

That's such a hoot! Callie and Maddy are long lost sisters FOR SURE!!!

Jennie said...

That's awesome!

Daniel said...

I'm glad you shared! Dan and I are always entertained by conversations and statements heard at your house that NEVER happen at ours. M