Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Carvin'

We had a couple pumpkins this year. I got 2 big ones and one of them rotted, so I had to replace it. Callie needed one for preschool, and she got to paint it there. That is the slightly icky looking little pumpkin below- she used lots of black paint and most of it rubbed off... so we carved it too.


Joshua really just wanted to use the knife. I did not really want to let him. He did try his hand at scooping pumpkin guts, but he didn't last long.


(Again, the black is paint!) Marian didn't realize you have to scrape to get the pumpkin goobers out, so she was not an effective helper here. She sure was cute though!

Yeah, I got stuck doing most of the work. Joshua did the littlest pumpkin- I just helped a little with the fangs. They will look marvelous all lit up tonight!


And Delaney had a little temper tantrum yesterday, so I took her picture, because that's the kind of mom I am!


See, she's not usually cranky! Since she is not going out trick-or-treating tonight, I let her wear her costume all day today. Such a cute ballerina!

3 comments:

Savannah said...

I love Delaney's costume! Very cute! Adam did tell me that you shmoopied him the other day... In fact, he forwarded the voicemail to me. Loved it!!

Sharon said...

She is a very cute ballerina and your pumpkins look great! We didn't do pumpkins this year. :-(

Sharon said...

how do you make that list ont he side bar of the places your visit?