Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What's with the nose?!!

You know how things happen and you just sit back and realize it is just so absurd you have to laugh? On Monday Dan was stuck in court, so I had to take all 4 kids to Urgent Care. I couldn't get appointments, so that's where we had to go. It took less than 2 hours for them to tell me that Joshua does not have Strep Throat, and Delaney did not have Pink Eye. Good to know. All things considered, the children were pretty good, but there ARE 4 of them. Dan got home shortly before 7, so I suppose I could have waited (NOT!).

Now Dan is gone to South Carolina for some client for a few days and Callie decided to shove a small object up her nose. I do not know why. None of my other children have had this nose fixation. This is the second time she's done this. Fortunately, last time it was a plastic Barbie shoe that was long enough that I could grab it with tweezers and get it out. This time it is shoved so far up there I am worried the doc may not be able to get it out.

And I did mention that Dan is out of town? Yeah, you are wondering why I am writing this, rather than hanging out in the waiting room right now. There are 3 reasons. First off, Callie cried herself to sleep on the couch (and she's naked- not sure why on that!). Secondly, Delaney is still napping. Thirdly, my babysitter can be here in 15 minutes. All my close-by friends are conveniently not home to ask to watch my kiddies, so I figure not much will change in 30 minutes, and life will be considerably better for everyone if I wait for Ashley to get here.

So, now I will vaccuum the floor and dress Callie and we'll go out for some fun at the Urgent Care. And I will be thinking of Lenette and her similar experience!

2 comments:

Camilla said...

Oh, those things always happen when dad's aren't home or aren't available to help! I KNOW!

Also, love your top and low 10 list. Thanks for sharing your great trip.

Mikal said...

Moms like you can handle most anything. Next time give me a call. I'm only about 20 - 25 minutes away. Only 15 minutes to the gate :)