Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, February 8, 2008

My Top 10 Lists!

My top 10 Best Things about the trip (and I could have come up with a LOT more!)
1. Seeing the ruins at Talum and having Nephi and Helaman as our guides.
2. Horseback riding in Roatan
3. 4 course dinners at the “Windows” Restaurant. SO fancy, and I got to try neat new things. It also cracked me up that they would put your napkin in you lap and say “Don’t forget your seatbelt, Madame.”
4. Climbing the ruins at Altun Ha and imagining that Christ could have visited there.
5. Hearing Bruce Porter speak and delving into deeper stuff than I usually do.
6. The Stela rocks and ruins of Quirigua and feeling like I was standing on history.
7. The speedy jungle boat ride.
8. The amazing wooden carvings at Altun Ha
9. Being able to spend time with Mom and Dad
10. The Chocoholic Buffet! And all the other tasty food!


My low-lights list didn’t even have 10 things on it! I couldn't come up with much, and they weren’t even that negative.
1. Bologna sandwiches for lunch at Altun Ha
2. Gaining 10 pounds
3. I never touched the ocean! Not even a toe into the water.
4. Not enough time to do everything we wanted at the ruins…. All of them!
5. It took too many laps to make a mile when running and I hate having to count laps.
6. Dining rooms were too noisy.
7. Sacrament meeting- I’d have liked a more meeting type meeting, and less of a fireside kind. (I’m happy we had one though, so that was actually a highlight as well!)


Fun Details List:1. That was the first time in over 6 years that I went a whole week without changing a diaper!
2. I only had adult conversations with other adults! I never spoke to a child at all for a week!
3. I didn’t see a single tantrum or tear.
4. That was the longest period of time I went without thinking of my children. (No I didn’t go the whole week, but I really did not think about them as much as I thought I would!)
5. I took 175 pictures of the trip.
6. That was the first time in nearly 9 years that I didn’t have to think about anybody but myself. I rediscovered that I CAN get ready- from bed to walking out the door- in 30 minutes!
7. I went a week with no radio, TV shows (they offered 2 movie channels and CNN), telephone, internet or contact with my husband and children.
8. For 7 days I did not drive a car, make a meal, dress anyone else, clean the dishes, or do any laundry. Wow.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I love the lists. So nice, all of them. Your low lights aren't too bad either. Man life must of been tough for you. ;-) Sounds too good to be true. Oh and thanks for the book website. I can't look at Jessica's site it's blocked.

Mikal said...

Lists are nice. I often find myself making lists. I am not much for journling but I abolutely love lists.