Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Not even in the Top 10

Well, Dan called the B-Billet Monitor yesterday. The guy said he had saved the DC spot just for Dan, and was at that very moment writing Dan's name down for that slot. While we had hoped to go to a lot of other places, this was the best offer. sigh.

We are not looking forward to the traffic, the cost of living, finding housing, the possible commute.... heck, I'm not fond of the whole moving thing! We could have orders within the week, and it would be nice to know what his reporting date is so I can start planning out the summer. That part I do like!

We have no idea what Dan will be doing. We assume he will work in the Pentagon, but we don't know! We will probably take a little trip up there during Spring Break to see what we can see. Okay, to look at housing options and get the lay of the land from a "moving-there" perspective, rather than the touristy one we've gone with before.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

I am so sorry that you have to move again. I hate moving and I only have 2 kids. I hate packing while they unpack.

Carley said...

I'm sure that you will love it once you get used to living there. Good luck!

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

I think you'll find you like it. Depending on where he is stationed at there are lot of suberbs that are great. You don't have to live in the city. Also it's so beautiful up there and so much to do. Take advantage of it while you can. Plus think their are a lot of free Museums up there you can take your kids to. The possiblities or unlimited. :-) Can you tell I don't miss havelock too much. (well I miss it but not the nowhere land part)