We had breakfast early. We wanted to try the nice restaurant for breakfast and hadn’t yet done so. It was pretty much the same offerings as the buffet, but you got to order it and they brought it to you. It was quieter though and a nice change. Except Mom was feeling seasick and left after one bite of her cinnamon raison French toast.
At 9:30 we gathered for a Bruce Porter Seminar. I took notes and learned good stuff. I'll post it later. So, Bruce Porter spoke and had such fascinating things to say. I felt like Dave Barry’s description of an ant on a tire- I know I’m standing on something huge, but I have no clue what, past the tiny portion that I can see!
We also had debarking (that word made me laugh.) instructions and everyone got a token drawing prize. I got a little jug of Mexican vanilla. I was happy with that. I had a little time before lunch, and thought about a nap, but I got distracted with reading. That worked well, because Dad called and said Steve wanted to download all our pictures. I went up there and Steve got all our pictures onto his laptop so he could cut disks later for us.
Bruce Porter agreed to one additional lecture at 3pm, but I bailed. My
It was the last night, and I had done everything I had wanted to! I had to pack my bags though- remembering to leave out all the clothes and things I would need for Sunday morning. Then I had to put the colored (green) tag on my bags and leave them outside the door. The magic luggage fairy comes in the middle of the night and removes them so they are all organized when you get off the ship in waves, according to your luggage tag color. So I took care of that. Sandra was out till midnight again and I can’t sleep till its all dark and quiet, but it was kind of nice to have an excuse to not go to bed! But I slept pretty well till 5am, when I realized we were docking. I was well awake at 6:30, so I went to the library room to read. I met Mom and Dad for breakfast at 8am and we hung out in their room till 9:30, when our color was called.
It was pretty quick work to get off the ship and find our bags. Then we had to line up and wait for customs. I was very sad I didn’t get any stamps in my passport, so the nice customs man gave me a US stamp. Not as good as one from Honduras or Guatemala, or Belize or Mexico, but at least my passport isn’t totally empty! Mom called our ride and we waited on the curb for 10 minutes. He drove us to the car, which had been bumped while we were gone. A lovely smudged bumper, but most of the mark will buff out, probably. We loaded the car and were on our way! 4 hours later we arrived at Andy and Kera’s, a little after 2pm. I opened the door and Delaney was playing on the steps and she just looked at me. The most suspicious look I’d ever seen. She just stared at me as I picked her up and then she was happy.
We stayed the night there and Monday morning Mom drove Delaney and me to the airport and we flew home- no problems.

1 comment:
I love the ruins pictures. So amazing. I would love to go there someday.
Post a Comment