Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, March 18, 2016

Hong Kong Trip: Wednesday

 After a night of little sleep, I was up early... because my roommates got up at 6:30.  I roamed the area for a bit, getting my bearings.  I found the closest subway train and the mall next to it.   I checked out the mall and had breakfast.  It was an impressive mall!  The prices were also quite impressive, and not in a good way.

I was back at the room in time to change and get to the 9am Temple session.  I had a meet up with a lady I didn't know.  She's in my stake, and had come out for the conference and wanted to get together for lunch.  I was feeling tired and cranky and sorry for myself and didn't want to meet up with her, since I didn't know her. And it was raining. Thankfully she was willing to come out to the Temple to meet me and I'm so glad she did!

She came up to me and introduced herself and said, "I'm staying with my rich friend and she has a car and driver and she let me borrow them for the day!"  So we went off on an adventure and didn't even have to navigate the trains to do it.  The driver dropped us off a few blocks from the Ladies Market and we spent a few hours roaming the market and streets.  We had lunch at a hole in the wall local place and had a really good time.  She was a lot of fun to be with and I enjoyed the afternoon.

She dropped me off with enough time to go out to find dinner and then make the 7:15pm temple session.  It was a really good day.  Not such a good night, as my friends sharing the room swelled to 6 and they did not go to bed till after midnight and someone's alarm went off at 0430!  What the heck?! Who gets up at 0430?  I was a little cranky and SO glad that was my last night there.

Look what I found at the mall!  Sadly, it was freakishly expensive. $30 for half a pound.

There was an ice rink in the mall.  How fun is that?! 

I guess the batman/Superman movie is coming out.  They had some fun stuff there. 

Totally took a selfie with Superman! 

 The driver dropped us on Goldfish Row.  Yep, an entire street selling fish for pets (as opposed to dinner), and aquarium stuff.

The Ladies Market, in the rain.  Much more fun to be there for reals! 

Lunch. Spicy Sour Soup and Dumplings.  Tasty! 

Another Temple picture on my way to session.

No comments: