I checked out and since it was raining, decided I wanted to get a cab across to the area where the Women's Conference was being held. However, the taxis would stop and then say no. Apparently they did not want a fare that far in yucky traffic. Sigh. I went in and chatted with the lovely ladies in the Mission Office and they helped me feel more confident about taking the train out there. I shlepped my suitcase the 1/2 mile to the train station and then another forever through the tunnels to the right train. I was rather proud of myself as I made it through the train change and got where I wanted to go.
It was a delightful tender mercy from the Lord, as I needed to change trains and had planned to ride the first line to the end before transferring. At the stop just before the one I intended tog get off at, I felt strongly that I should get of now. So I did. Thank goodness! If I'd gone to the end of the line, I would not have been able to change to the other line, I'd have had to ride the train back to the station I felt prompted to get off at. Not the end of the world if it had happened, but it was just a little plug that let me know the Lord was helping me. I didn't think I could find the hotel on my own, so I got a cab, and that worked out well. I was at the hotel shortly after noon and they let me check my bag.
I spent the next 2 hours roaming the local area and checking things out. It was a very expensive area! Yikes! I got some lunch from a bakery and roamed back to the hotel. I was able to check into my room and took a little nap. I was grateful to be able to meet up with ladies from the stake who knew how to get to the Conference.
I attended the Associated Sisters in Asia Women's Conference. It was for all the English speaking women in Asia, and beyond. The Thursday session began at 5. We registered and worked on the service project till 7, when we had the opening session, which was wonderful.
I had a roommate to share the hotel cost but I had only met her through the internet. I was able to meet up with her and she turned out to be awesome! I felt incredibly blessed. We went to a late dinner and had a great time and then went to the hotel and to bed.
It is impossible to convey through photos the sheer size and business of the city!
The giant mall next to the hotel was called "Times Square".
The view from our 11th story hotel room.
Delicious dinner! I love that the rice is heart shaped.





No comments:
Post a Comment