Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Hong Kong Trip: Saturday

Saturday morning we checked out of the hotel and went to the chapel.  I hauled my suitcase out with me, because I had to leave early.  The sessions were so wonderful, I loved them!  I had to run away at 10 and was so sad to miss the end of the speaker's presentation.  I was pleased to feel so confident as I marched to the train station and transferred trains and got on the Airport Express back to the airport. So much less anxiety when it is more familiar!

I got to the airport, but had forgotten how long it takes to get to the boarding gates, and I squandered too much time having a leisurely lunch.  I had to hustle after that.  I would have had plenty of time, but I didn't realize my plane required me to be bussed out the aircraft, so bording began 30 minutes earlier than I expected.  oops!

I got on the plane and thanked myself for getting the non-stop flight and got in to Fukuoka at 5pm. Customs and everything was easy-peasy and I took a taxi to the Shin.  Dan had thoughtfully texted me the times and platforms so I was able to catch the 5:57 bullet train home, and I was home by 8pm. Joy abounded!  Really, I was just super excited to sleep in my very own, soft bed.

Me, waiting for my Shin, and happy to be nearly home!

No comments: