How seriously?
So seriously that I don't actually have any photos of the event. But it happened! Oh yes, it happened! I did pre-make a lot of the pies, and they were in the freezer. I love that most of my pies freeze really well. And while I was away in Hong Kong, Callie tried out a new pie! She made a Butterfingers pie. She discovered there is a learning curve, and we were able to perfect the next one for our guests.
We had an open house from 4-6pm and all were invited. We had a full house. I even made a couple dinner pies for those who wanted to be virtuous and have a healthier option before delving into the sweets. I started with 20 pies, and had not much left when it was over. When we condensed the pies, it was barely a single pies worth left. Here is what we had:
3 Toll House pies that were delivered (Dan's office, the post office, and the commissary)
2 Toll House pies (consumed by our guests)
2 Lemon Chess Pies
1 Chocolate Chess Pie
1 Chocolate Truffle Pie
1 Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffle
1 Pinkie Pie
1 Butterfinger Pie
2 Oreo Caramel Pies
2 S'mores Pies
1 Irish Meat Pie
2 Chicken Pot Pies
1 Cream Cheese Pecan
And our friends brought a Rhubarb Berry Pie to share (and it was delicious!)
This documents Callie's first ever Pie. She made it all by herself while I was gone. I'm so proud!!
The S'mores Pie. This picture was taken to post on Facebook to invite our friends to stop by for pie. And they did!


No comments:
Post a Comment