Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Hong Kong Trip: Tuesday

 Tuesday March 8, I took pictures with the kids and sent them to school.  Then Dan drove me to the Shin and I rode the bullet train to Fukuoka, and took a taxi to the airport.  I had a direct flight into Hong Kong.  Once I arrived, I was super brave and managed to exchange money and buy a train ticket.  Then I found the Airport Express train and took it to Kowloon.  I debated trying to take the train to Kowloon Tong, but that involved 2 train changes and I didn't know how to get to my destination once I reached Kowloon Tong.  So I took a taxi, which dropped me off directly at the Temple.

I found the Temple Patron Housing, which is across the street from the Temple, but requires you to go into the Temple to get checked in to it.  And then you have to use your card to access about 5 different doors to get to your room.  It was a little complicated, so thank goodness for really nice folks in the Mission Office downstairs from the housing!

I got to the housing, and may have had a little emotional breakdown from the stress of traveling.  Then I went over and did the 7:15pm Endowment session at the Temple.  I had grand plans to go to bed right after that, but the Temple Housing stuffs up to 8 in a room and I was sharing with 4 others that night and they didn't go to bed till midnightish.  That was kind of stinky.  And the bed was incredibly firm.  Like so firm I wasn't even sure there was a mattress there.

I'm all excited to be riding the Shin!  It takes a 3 hour drive and gets you there in under 90 minutes. Sweet!

I found McDonalds at the airport and here I am, enjoying my fries in the Temple garden. 

Heading to the Temple to check in. 

Yep, this is the super tiny and uncomfortable room I shared.  And the bathroom was right there and quite noisy.

Heading to the Temple for my session!

1 comment:

Megan said...

You are such a brave woman! I love to see your Hong Kong Pictures and now I am craving dumplings.