Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Relaxin'

It has been a fairly quiet week.  After all that driving, I needed some down time!  Too bad the kids still need to be entertained.   We went to the library and we went to the Ward Pioneer Day Picnic. We went to the lake for a birthday party. We had a movie day and did nothing but watch movies all day long.  We went out to the Conservation Center for a presentation on Alligators.We did the Carmike theater's $4 kids movie (with popcorn and a drink!) and saw "Yogi Bear". So it was more than I really wanted to do, but not enough to keep the kids from complaining of boredom.  I took a few pictures.

I love Delaney!  At the Pioneer Day Picnic, Delaney was making friends with everyone.  I love that she chats with anyone and everyone!

The kids had been at the library earlier that day and Joshua was so engrossed in his book, he wouldn't stop reading for anything. I couldn't decide if I was more disturbed, or proud.

The kids loved playing at the park between games and food.  I loved that they got out to play and I didn't have to make dinner.

Even though the summer reading program ended,  I was delighted to see these 2 reading before bedtime.  The most notable part of that is they were giving up computer time for reading!

At the Alligator Lecture, the guy brought a little 2 year old gator, but he didn't let us touch it or pose with it.

After a while, the lecture was boring.  Well, it wasn't really boring.  It was pretty interesting, but for some reason, the girls thought we were going to an alligator farm and were bitterly disappointed that we didn't.

There was an alligator craft after the talking and Delaney was excited about that.

Callie also meticulously worked on painting and gluing her project.

Note Marian's very grumpy face.  She wanted to go home.  She did not want to wait around for her sisters to finish their projects.  Rylee was happy to color but Marian was displeased that we were not leaving.

Callie showing Rylee how to make the alligator magnet.  I love it when the girls are kind to each other.

Rylee, showing off her finished magnet.

No comments: