It is Sunday, so I ought to keep up with the blog. Sadly, I have zero interest in blogging, but the alternative is to go to bed, so here I am.
1. The first few days of school went well. The kids all say they like their teachers and that school is good. Callie said her teacher is mean, but only to the bad kids, so she's okay. So far so good for all of them. Fingers crossed that it continues.
2. I was motivated and finally cleaned off the bookshelf and it is neat and clutter free for now! I also have been going through stuff and I have a box and 6 bags to haul to the thrift store. Of course, they are all sitting in the hallway cluttering up that area. I don't know if I should take them away now, and plan on more trips later, or if I should just keep collecting stuff and make one trip.
3. We went to the Temple yesterday. It was the first time in months (possibly years!) that I have not had a hard time staying awake. Loved it.
4. After the Temple, since we were near the mall, I took the kids there while Dan was in his session. I took Rylee to the Build-a-bear to get rid of her binkies. I told her she could make a binkey-bear who would hold all her binkies for her. She chose a cute dog, we stuffed her binkies inside it with all the fluff and viola! No more binkies for my girl! And it has gone much better than I ever imagined. She LOVED her binky. LOVED it. So I had anticipated some difficulty when she no longer had one. Rylee has transitioned beautifully. Of course, it has been less than 36 hours, so it may just be the calm before the storm.
5. I have plantar fascitis. I do not like it.
6. I realized today that I do like one thing about being the Sunday School teacher. Oh. Yes, they actually called me to teach the grown up Sunday School class last year. Trust me, I was way more incredulous than you when they called me. But, I digress. I realized I like that I can decide what happens. I like discussion in my class. No one wants to just hear me, so I judge the success of class on how much talking I do vs. class participation. And I know when I am sitting in a class, I want to know why I'm learning whatever it is. Why is that particular thing important and how does it relate to ME? So that is how I try to go about teaching. I don't know how my class feels about it, but I'm the teacher, so we do it my way! Today we were waaay off topic, but it was okay. I figured, if they had questions and we could answer them, then that was what the class was for. It made me happy.
7. Joshua chipped his tooth tonight. I'm not thrilled about having to pull him out of school (probably twice) to get it taken care of.
8. The musical "The Book of Mormon" is coming to New Orleans. Our stake has been challenged to read the Book of Mormon through, before the show opens. I have accepted the challenge, but yikes! Its hard. I have till Oct 12 to do it.
9. I had chocolate pudding for dinner.
10. I'm tired. I'm going to bed.
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment