Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Life at our house

Life has been moving along and they days have passed, despite the lack of productivity I achieved.  We did have a few things happen that I felt were worth remembering.

Rylee woke up Sunday morning with this!  Yikes!  I guess that's what I get for letting her go to bed with wet hair.  Sigh.  It was a project to get it suitable for church. 

Our couch has served us well for 8 years.  It is comfortable and the brown hides a lot.  Sadly, you can see that the seams have ripped on the cushions.  You cannot see that the back of the couch has issues where it repeatedly bonked into the wall, and you can't see the lovely "art" that was put on with permanent marker.  I'm sure you can see that it's time has come.  Or perhaps it's time has passed?  Either way, it was time for it to go.

This was my lovely recliner.  It also has been with us for over 8 years.  It also is falling apart, but has been doing so for a lot longer. The arm has been duct taped for a number of years.  One of my darling children attacked it with scissors when it was still really new.  It has been a great chair for us, but it was well passed time for it to go!  

We acquired a "new" couch and love seat on craigslist.  Dan took the old couch out to the road for easier loading for disposal.  The kids were thrilled to have permission to jump to their heart's content on it.  Never mind that it was pouring rain!! 

They had a marvelous time.  I'm not sure if the couch made the rain more fun, or if the rain made the couch more fun.  But fun they had! 

I love these girls! 

And I really love my new-to-me couch!  It is soft and squishy in all the right places. 

And it has a matching love seat.  So comfy and so nice!  I feel like an actual grown up with an couch that is actually NICE! 

And, Happy First Day of School!  The kids went back to school this week.  Aren't they cute?! 

They were great and they all said they had a really good first day of school.  They all agreed that they had nice teachers this year and they were excited.  I love these kids!

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Congratulations on your new couches! Hooray for craigslist. I love your jumping girls. I'm glad your kids have good teachers. Yay for school!