We drove home last Thursday. Yep, we left about 7:30am and got home about 9pm. We had the dog, so we had a few little stops and then we spent 2 and a half hours at Andy and Kera's house. I know, I said we'd only stay an hour, but we were having such a good time! And it was worth it.
Whoohoo! We made it to Louisiana! Almost home.
Somehow it looks like there is a lot more room then there really was. I was packed to the gills. The kids were great and loved the audiobook.
A pretty Louisiana sunset, and a nice welcome home.
It was nice to be home. Then I looked around and to my surprise, all the clutter I left behind was still here! So unfair. I was really hoping it would be gone. And now I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I really really want to get the house in order. But I have old clutter and mess to deal with, along with all the mess and clutter I have brought home with me.
Yesterday I decided I was going to get some semblance of order going on and intended to tackle one room at a time. I set upon the little girls' room and went to work. Alas, they wanted to help me. And well, I am the mom, and I have 500 other things I need to get done. So I got some suitcases unpacked, and I got some of the clothes sorted, and I got some laundry done, and I managed to go through all the dresses (I think, there might be some hiding under the bed or behind the bookshelf still), and I got 3 bags ready for the thrift store, and I did make dinner, and got the kids to karate. Unfortunately, the room I was going to have organized looks worse than it did before I started and the pigsty that is my life still encompasses me.
Nevertheless, I am the Mom and I am going to start it all over again today. And tomorrow. And the next day.....

No comments:
Post a Comment