This week as been one of killing time. I realized that actual cleaning of the house is not really possible till the kids are out of the house. We're really only at maintenance level for now, and my 4 thrift store bags are still sitting there, waiting for more company. I didn't plan any activities, because I thought we'd be getting back into a routine (routine of what, I do not know!), and getting ready for school. I thought we'd meet some of the many new neighbors and discover new friends. I thought we might go to the pool (but it is closed). I learned that the library programs are suspended till September and there is horrid road construction right in front of the huge one we usually go to. What has happened in reality has been a lot of whining and boredom. It really is too hot to play outside. 90 degrees and 94% humidity is just wrong.
The children were disgusted that the "No media till after lunch" rule was still in effect. And since we didn't really go anywhere in the mornings, it has been excruciating for them to come up with things to do. I have LOTS of things to do, but I get very few things done because I have to clean up after them, monitor them, come up with ideas for them, and finally, all efforts just go to not screaming at them. I did take them out to finish school shopping. That was dreadful. Lots of fighting and whining. I took them to the little library on base and that did go well, but there wasn't much to do and it didn't last long enough. We went to my friend's new house with a pool, but it was pouring down rain, and we had to go about the time the weather cleared up, so all I heard was unhappiness.
Thank goodness school starts this week. We had a fabulous summer, but now that we're out of any sort of schedule, it is no fun at all.
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment